At The Right Door we are proud to call our uOttawa MBA students our extended family.
Equipped with the knowledge and learning that I gained during my MBA, I would like to make a positive impact in society and utilize this platform to lead without direct authority. By working towards devising innovative solutions to real business problems in the management lab, I see myself improving further as a seasoned business professional.
I would like to help companies grow their business, by helping them mitigate the changes that might be needed, find the right strategic marketing to position them in their industry.
With my analytical and entrepreneurial mindset, I can see things that will not be otherwise seen.
For having grew up outside Canada, I could also help them in the pursuit of their international establishment especially in Africa
I will be graduating in the summer of 2022 with an MBA from the University of Ottawa. At that point in time, I will be bringing this new degree in with my current degrees (Bachelors and Master's) degree in Mechanical Engineering along with valuable experience in the engineering / project management / construction fields. During my years in the industry, I've always been able to find strong mentors in senior management position, and they've motivated me to pursue an ambitious career path.
I am currently working for the Canadian Coast Guard, and I envision that in 10 years, I will have moved back to the private sector and will occupy a senior management position. In order to get there, I must gather experience, and prove that I can bring value to businesses. In the next few years, I would like to do low-cost or pro-bono consulting work for private companies.
As an experienced medical researcher who wants to make a difference in the healthcare and life sciences industry, I am aspired to search for a career with great purpose and meaning. My ultimate goal is to make a positive impact on people’s well-being. Thus, I'm motivated to find a new challenge that will help me realize my dreams by allowing me to improve myself as a professional and equip me with the right tools to continue my mission of developing innovations for the future and delivering meaningful solutions to people around the world.
My experience within the academic and clinical research world has solidified my passion for the pharmaceutical industry. My career goals are to be an integral member of a team within a big pharmaceutical company's clinical research department. My background in basic science allows me to think critically and seek out solutions, and my clinical research experience in the private sector has provided me with necessary tools to look for inefficiencies, stream line processes and create value in a given field and position.
Ciana Van Dusen
Emerging from Telfer's intensive MBA program, I am keen to:
- work on highly effective, motivated, cohesive, and collaborative teams
- be people facing (stakeholders, public, members, clients, etc.)
- take on leadership opportunities (such as chairing meetings and presenting)
- have responsibility & autonomy
- contribute to strategic business decisions
- work alongside intelligent and talented colleagues and leaders I can learn from
- influence culture & inspire change
- see how different organizational parts come together to deliver on strategy
- take on opportunities to grow and acquire new knowledge, skills and abilities I am currently working for the Canadian Coast Guard, and I envision that in 10 years, I will have moved back to the private sector and will occupy a senior management position. In order to get there, I must gather experience, and prove that I can bring value to businesses. In the next few years, I would like to do low-cost or pro-bono consulting work for private companies.